March 4, 2015

Straight Outta the Bible --
   Worthless Assemblies

 

In the 1st chapter of the Book of Isaiah, the Lord speaks to 'His' people.

At least, people that think they're his.

Here are just 4 verses from God's word:

 

12 "When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations--
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening."

(Isaiah 1:12-15)

 

Here's hoping you are not part of one of those worthless assemblies. They still abound today, indeed.

Many, many people -- we Americans especially -- have grown up with 'Christians' all around them, and in their families.

But -- the fact that your parents are Christian does *NOT* make you one. Nor does simply going to church occasionally, or even every Sunday. No, being a real, true 'Christian' is between you and God alone.

Make the right choice. Make the heart choice, which is often the hard choice. He does love you, and wants you now, not after you think you're 'better.'

 

Prayer for Today

Father, please, forgive all who read this. Open the eyes of our hearts, Lord. Let us truly see you, and know you. Bring them to you, and come into them, every one.

Please, show us what real love is all about. Let us know you are there, and change us so that we are truly yours, and will spend eternity in heaven, with you.

We ask this in Jesus' mighty name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment