August 3, 2015

Word of the Day: Columbine

 

A previous ‘Word of the Day’ (from Dictionary.com’s WOTD):

“Columbine \KOL-uhm-bahyn, -bin\, adjective:
1. dovelike; dove-colored.
2. of a dove.”

Coming from the point of view that there probably are no 'coincidences,' I find it slightly interesting that the devil chose to perpetrate one of America’s most notorious, earlier school shootings at Columbine High School, when God used the dove as the symbol for peace and the love of God and the Holy Spirit to come down upon Jesus when he was baptized.

Not that it matters either way really, but I doubt it was coincidence. Such might be the sarcasm and supposed wit of the devil, devil be damned. Oh wait, he already has been. Thank You, Jesus.

 

Prayer for Today

Lord, please, help me to see you in more things. Allow me to recognize your beauty, your way, your love. Also help me to recognize more easily, more often, the devil in the details of that which are of his doing. Please, Father, give me clarity of mind, clarity of heart, and your Godly wisdom on all things. I ask this in Jesus’ name, always. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment