February 5, 2011

Encouragement for Today -- and Denial

Today, the BibleGateway Verse of the day is from the Old Testament, Book of Psalms. It says:


For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.

(Psalm 33:4-5)


To me this is encouraging. A great, uplifting reminder. Thank You, Jesus.

Also, it aligns with another group of verses I love -- from the New Testament, Book of Romans:


"Since what may be known about God is plain to them,
because God has made it plain to them.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities--
His eternal power and divine nature--has been clearly seen,
being understood from what has been made,
so that men are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God
nor gave thanks to him,
but their thinking became futile
and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Although they claimed to be wise,
they became fools.
"
(Romans 1:19-22)


The Bible: Old & Irrelevant Today?


Tell me that's not relevant to the mocking foolishness of our own culture today, and I'll have to lump you in with those whom God talks about right there in the verses above.

God's creation, His beauty and majesty, is able to be seen in so many ways. To deny it is nothing more than pride, arrogance -- and foolishness, truly.

But to each their own, right?

Me, I don't claim to be that smart. I am not a god. I'm happy to let a real, true God lead the way, blessing me and growing me as He sees fit.


Pray With Me?


Thank you, Father -- and thank You, Lord Jesus. Please, continue leading me -- every day and in every way -- with the Holy Spirit.

Bless each of us with Your Godly wisdom. Strengthen our faith in You. Enlighten the eyes of our hearts, Lord.

Put us each on your narrow path, please. Grab hold of us now.

Father, give every one of us reading this, into Jesus' hands. I know that those You give to Him, He does not give up.

Thank You for your Love, Father. Thank You, for Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment