January 10, 2011

Scriptural Examples and
Ideas of What to Pray for

There are numerous examples in scripture of things we can pray for.

Yes, one can argue that you can pray for anything (Lord, give me that new car, please?" "Oh Lord, I'd love some ice cream right now. Please?").

But the Holy Bible shows again and again, instances in which the believers prayed to The Almighty God for specific things.

Their prayers are there for us in scripture as examples.

They also say specific things, and the Father himself says things at times, which we can also use as guides.

Today's example is taken from Ezekiel 36:26 --


"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."
(NIV)

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you;
I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."
(NKJV)


My urging to you is to ask for this from our Father, for all those you pray for. Family, friends, ex's and enemies. Neighbors, co-workers, leaders of your country -- and other countries also.

Ask God to intervene and to give each of those you pray for hearts of flesh.

Ask Him to take away, to cast out, their hearts of stone. To break down their walls, to soften their hearts -- and to sharpen their minds with His Godly wisdom (James 1:5).


"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

How awesome is that? And honestly, though we throw the word around like it’s nothing, God is the only thing n this world that is truly ‘awesome.’

So pray to the Lord, talk with Him, ask... and keep on asking.

And may the Lord bless your efforts mightily!

No comments:

Post a Comment